Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"they scare me"

Well, I've had several different groups comment on my FiveFingers now. On Friday I went with Morgan and a bunch of our friends to see Transformers (great movie, by the way!) and their reactions were mostly a mix of "cool" and "weird". Saturday, Mor and I went to Border's and the lady who came over to "help" me asked me about them (judging by her interest in my FiveFingers, I think that they may have been her main motivation, but she was really nice anyways, so..). As I told her about them, I'm pretty sure she was beginning to experience a desire for a pair of her own. Her main concern was whether or not she would be able to wear them all day, to which I replied with the warning on the Vibram website about gradually getting your body used to them.
I received more comments on Sunday, mostly in the "they're ugly" category.. I don't know why people think so, I personally think they look sweet. I also got comments both Monday and Tuesday at work. One of the ladies stopped me as I was leaving on Monday and asked what they were, so I exhibited them to the group that was standing there. One of the guys said, "They must be really comfortable, but they scare me. ... They're scary.". On Tuesday she stopped me again and had me show two other people. She made a comment about how we should all get them, but that may have been sarcasm.
All in all, the reception to them hasn't been to bad. I only hope my boss doesn't have a problem with them (he gets back from vacation on Monday).

No comments:

Post a Comment