Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stalked by a grasshopper

I'm being stalked by a grasshopper. Well, maybe..
It started last Friday. When I parked my bike at work, I noticed a grasshopper was on my bike. I thought, "hmm, that's strange" but then forgot about it. I saw her (I think it's a female) again on Monday while I was on my way to work. When I got there, I carefully brushed her off.
Today, I found heron my sleeve when I entered the building (it was raining, too!). So I brushed her off on to the pavement, over 30 feet away from my bike.
I went to an advising appointment at Kent during lunch, then stopped by my apartment to change (more about that later) and on my way back (it was still raining) I saw the grasshopper clinging to my right mirror. It was pretty sweet to see how she flattened herself out to avoid getting blown off.
Every time I got to a stop light, she would readjust her position. I left her on my bike this time when I came into work.. I wonder if she'll be back?
I actually have 3 theories for this one:
  1. The grasshopper is stalking me.
  2. My bike is a breeding ground for grasshoppers.
  3. Rival companies have hired grasshoppers to sneak into my workplace and steal company secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment