Thursday, June 25, 2009

6/22/2009: FiveFingers Day 1

I picked up my first pair of FiveFingers (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/) today. I was already enamored with the idea of them; in the time it took to run out to my car from the store, I fell in love with them.
I hope this feeling lasts as I continue to use them.
I looked for toe socks while I was at it, but the store didn't have any all black ones, so I decided not to get any. However, I changed my mind once I reached my car - after all, if I'm going to wear them to work I should probably have socks to go with them.
I went back and got a tan pair of socks; hopefully they don't feel weird.

When I got home, I went over to the back of the Save-a-Lot plaza and did a wall-run at my normal spot. I had previously tried to do this barefoot but failed as my feet are not yet tough enough. With the VFF's on, the wall wasn't an issue. The soles gave me great grip and I didn't feel any discomfort at all. I wanted to try it out more but I was a little sore from my run on Sunday so I decided not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment